Wednesday, March 16, 2011

drew barrymore rom-coms


That said, there's a new New Line Cinema romantic comedy in the works. Drew Barrymore who made her directorial debut with the completely fun Whip It! will be at the helm of this project. She was great in "Going the Distance" but I'm not too excited about a film that is going to be titled "How To Be Single." Also, what the title doesn't tell you is that it's based in New York, so the title should actually be "How To Be Single (coma) in New York." Ahem! Didn't Carrie Bradshaw teach us that already?


Here's the thing, Liz Tuccillo did actually work on the "Sex and the City" series on HBO, and also wrote the book He's Just Not That Into You. She's also the write of the How To Be Single book.



While I was driving to work (down the cruel 101 freeway) Ralph from the Kevin and Bean show said something really funny about the news. He's sick, right, and he said something like, I don't mind dying because I won't be missing anything with this movie. I agree. I love the Barrymore. She's amaze! But why must she direct a romantic comedy that we've seen 105 times? No, I don't want to explore the love lives and breakups of a group of New Yorkers over the course of ten years. Why? Because they'll probably all be super hot, super rich, mainly white (or ethnic white), and whiny. I want a film based on the life of Abbie Hoffman (Ben Stiller, here's looking at you. Get on it!)

(source: The Hollywood Reporter)

No comments: